Whitford, Our Partner
In 2004 Polymeric Systems was purchased by Whitford Worldwide , a global enterprise that manufactures the largest, most complete line of fluoropolymer coatings in the world.
These coatings serve a wide variety of markets in more than 100 countries around the world, including:
- Consumer: Coatings for cookware, bakeware, small appliances
- Industrial: Automotive, aircraft, fastener, petroleum, construction (and many others)
- Chemical: Chemical processing equipment (principally for resistance to chemical attack)
- Rubber: Coatings for flexible substrates used in automotive sealing systems (to combat problems of weathering, friction, abrasion and noise)
- Textiles: To improve wear resistance, resist discoloration, provide water shedding and corrosion.
Our new partners have a history similar to our own.
Whitford was born out of a dream by two entrepreneurs, both of whom were fired from their jobs just before Christmas of 1968. By the first quarter of the following year they had their first customer.
Whitford went international the following year, opening an office in Runcorn, in the north of England (an international vision that few fledgling companies have at such an early stage). That international bent continued, with the opening of offices and/or manufacturing facilities in Germany, Spain, Hong Kong, France, Brazil, Singapore, Canada, Colombia, Vietnam, China, and Japan.
In addition, Whitford maintains agents in almost 30 more countries. Its products are sold in more than 100 countries.
The Whitford Ethos
- We believe in making superior products. Our products must be better than those of the competition in some way: properties, price, or both. This makes it easier for the customer to choose Whitford - and harder for him to choose a competitor.
- We believe in serving our customers better. While we sell products, we are in the business of people: people whose jobs may depend on the support they receive from their suppliers. In times of diminishing product differences, service can set us apart. We must place our customers' interests above our own. It is difficult to fire someone who serves you well.
- We believe in leading the way. We must commit a higher percentage of our sales, interest and talent to research and development than our competitors do. We must blaze new trails.
- We believe in high personal ethics. No lying, cheating or stealing. We despise politics, the pastime of small people. We embrace equal opportunity: Everyone must have the same right to succeed.
- We believe in being happy. We spend a lot of time at our jobs. It should be happy time. Life is short. We agree with the Scottish proverb: "Be happy w'er leevin, for y'er a lang time deid".
- We believe in divine discontent. Self-satisfaction is the first step toward failure. Remember: "Good enough is not good enough".