Sili-Thane® 812 HS One-part Hybrid Sealant
Sili-Thane 812 HS is a high-strength, one-part, polyether-based, elastomeric adhesive/sealant. Boasting a 15-minute skin-over time, this fast-curing product provides excellent adhesion to both porous and non-porous substrates. It is easy to apply, yet exhibits durability in a myriad of situations and temperature ranges. In contrast to urethane sealants, Sili-Thane 812 HS does not foam or bubble when exposed to high humidity or moist substrates during cure. It does not crack, craze, yellow, or chalk on long-term exposure to UV light. It is also virtually odorless with low-VOC content, no solvents and no isocyanates. Once cured, Sili-Thane 812 HS is paintable with most paints.
Sili-Thane 812 HS has excellent adhesion to unprimed aluminum, acrylic-coated aluminum, brass, steel, stainless steel, tin, concrete, mortar, granite, slate, glass, ceramic tile, fiberglass, ABS, PVC, polyester, Nylon 66, lauan wood and plywood. It exhibits adhesive/cohesive failure-in-peel to unprimed polystyrene, polycarbonate and acrylic. Sili-Thane 812 HS is not intended for structural applications.
- Superior UV resistance; does not yellow, crack, craze or chalk.
- Very low odor for interior and exterior use.
- Solvent- and isocyanate-free; low-VOC content (18 gms/L).
- Nil shrinkage.
- Minimal dirt pick-up.
- Non-gassing; will not revert.
- Paintable after cure.
- Exceptional adhesion to wet or dry surfaces; good underwater adhesion to non-porous surfaces.
- Gunnable at cold temperatures.
- Long life (20+ years).
- Meets or exceeds the Federal Spec TT-S- 00230C, ASTM C920, and CAN/CGSB 19.13-M87.
- OEM manufacturing applications, such as boat building and construction of travel trailer and mobile homes.
- Vinyl windows and trim.
- Ventilation systems.
- Boat deck seams.
- Restoration projects.
- Expansion joints.
- Glass/mirror adhesive.
- Non-structural glazing.